"I spent 6 months researching contractors, calling references and conducting site visits to help determine who would do our year-long renovation. We decided on Kinswater because every single one of his clients was thrilled with their renovation, every site we visited was top quality with great attention to detail and all jobs were executed on time and on budget. We are so pleased that Kinswater did not disappoint with our home renovation. Our renovation was a complete rebuild and the experience was enjoyable throughout - no issues, no surprises, and great communication. We love our home and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the Kinswater team to anyone interested in renovating their home."
- Natalia,Oriole House
"Buying a house that had not been touched since 1960 was daunting - we knew we were in for a ton of work - and all on a tight budget. The Kinswater team was sensitive to this and worked with us tirelessly to make it work – whether it was budget, design options...or redesigning as the case often was, they had solutions to make it all work! Phillip and Graydon seemed to genuinely enjoy figuring out creative ways to solve problems that arose...and were always great at communicating options. The whole team was professional and courteous and they worked hard to get us in for Christmas!"
"We love the result and highly recommend Kinswater...we can't believe we live here - Thank you!"
- Pam & Ted,Moore Park
"We’ve used Kinswater exclusively throughout the renovations on our century old home, both on the inside and on the outside. As a result, they’ve been involved with an extensive range of projects including, for example, a complete basement rebuild, a major kitchen renovation, the upgrade of all six bathrooms and the repair of our chimneys. Philip and his team earned our trust very quickly. We could rely on them to provide open honest advice and to do the right thing right with top quality. Philip is our first call when we need help with our home."
- Vera and Steve,Rosedale
"Kinswater provides exceptional value. Philip, Graydon and team are excellent, knowledgeable craftsmen who deliver the highest quality work-product. They are transparent about costs and provide realistic budgets. We have had them perform both large and small jobs, always with great results."
- Michael & Kelly,Moore Park
"We were extremely pleased with the service provided by Phil Barton and his team at
We live in a 3-storey semi-detached Victorian home. When we moved in we had the first two floors gutted and completely redone (Jan-May). We subsequently had our third floor completely refinished (Dec-Feb).
We went with Kinswater on the recommendation of our real estate agent. We shopped around and their quote was a little higher than some of the competitors, but we were extremely impressed with professionalism and organization of Kinswater, so we decided to go with them, and in retrospect we are so glad we did!
Not only did they do excellent work and ensure quality craftsmanship from all of their subcontractors, but a few things stood out as particularly exceptional:
1. Communication - before and during our renos, Phil and the team were always readily available and responsive. Voice and email messages were always returned promptly, and there was always someone onsite and available to talk to for updates and progress reports.
2. Timing – Phil set out very clear and reasonable timelines and always ensured that progress was being made. Kinswater does NOT disappear for weeks at a time leaving you wondering if and when they might return to restart your project.
3. Reasonable Budget (and stuck to it!) – Kinswater set out a clear and logical budget, and gave us regular transparent and detailed updates so that we could track how and where our money was being spent. Our projects were both on (or under) budget!!
4. Stress free. In the years since our renovation we have met many friends and acquaintances who have undergone similar projects with different contractors. Their recollections are rife with stories of absentee contractors, poor craftsmanship, skyrocketing costs and general frustration with the process. With Kinswater we did not have to deal with any of that. Phil, Graydon and Darren were a pleasure to work with, and we thoroughly enjoyed every step of the planning and project process.
We have (and would) highly recommended Kinswater to anyone we encounter that is considering a renovation of any size. Luke and Brittany"